top of page



We are one of the few law firms with English and Chinese bilingual skills in Massachusetts representing a broad array of tax-exempt organizations. Tax-exempt nonprofit organizations are expected to meet the highest standards of excellence in all of their activities and are subject to strict scrutiny by the government and the public. As a result of their unique role in society, these institutions face complex regulatory, fiduciary, and ethical requirements that extend well beyond those required of organizations and businesses in other industries.

We are proud to use our accumulated knowledge and networks with other professional service providers, such as CPA firms, to meet our clients’ specific challenges and opportunities. Our team is capable of providing knowledgeable insights and customized advice on legal issues facing most tax-exempt organizations in Massachusetts. Our nonprofit clients operate education research, photography association, Chinese culture center, children’s after school and summer camp, scientific research, and civic and voter education. We will provide the following service:

  • Incorporation.

       Incorporate a nonprofit corporation with Massachusetts Secretary of State. Register the company with the Attorney General office, including preparing and filing the application of a public solicitation certificate.


  • ​Apply for Tax-Exempt Status.

       We assist nonprofit clients to obtain recognition of tax-exempt status from the Internal Revenue Service.

  • Counseling.

       Our team also advises nonprofit clients on laws and ethical rules related to fiduciary duties and obligations of the board of directors and officers, political lobbying activities, regulations related to public solicitation.


  • On-going Compliance.

       We counsel tax-exempt organizations to comply with regulatory requirements from fiduciary and governance concerns.  You also work with experienced certified public accountant advise on common tax issues arising out of tax-exempt organizations and handle tax reporting requirements by the IRS and state tax department.  

bottom of page